Monday, March 28, 2011

DIY Shrimp Po' Boys in Philly

I had a taste for a fried shrimp po' boy yesterday so here's what I did to build my New Olreans style sandwich. I started with a Leidenheimer roll- purchased frozen from the Khyber Pass Pub (see post earlier this month for review and details) in Old City Philadelphia. I went out and got some freshly fried shrimp from Chicken Time in Roslyn, PA. Dressed the sandwiches using lettuce, tomatoes, dill pickles and then slathered on some bottled remoulade sauce made by Louisiana Fish Fry Company (I think I bought in my local Super Giant grocery store). Anyway, as a side added some Zapp's chips purchased at Wegman's in Warrington, PA and voila- a pretty tasty New Orleans Fried Shrimp Po' Boy right here at home!

(Note: Speaking of Zapp's, the Louisiana based company was recently purchased by Pennsylvania's own Utz Potato Chip Company- hoping this means Zapp's products will soon be more available here on the East Coast).

No comments:

Post a Comment