Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Yes Abita Can in Pa.

My favorite Louisiana beer is now available in cans in Pennsylvania! It was big news in New Orleans this past carnival season when Abita finally made their beers (Abita Amber, Jockamo IPA and Purple Haze) available in cans for the first time. This is a big deal because, altho you can drink pretty much anywhere and anytime in New Orleans, typically alcoholic beverages are only allowed to public events in plastic go-cups or in cans vs bottles. Abita was late to the party in this respect, but now they have "caught up" to the rest of the local beers (NOLA and Bayou Teche ) as well as the national brands that have always been available in cans. I have for the past several years been able to get Abita beer in bottles at my local beer distributor, and when I came back from carnival this year I asked the guy who runs the place if he could inquire about getting Abita cans and lo and behold, last weekend when I went in looking to re-stock my beer supply- there it was: 1 case of each Abita Amber and Jockamo IPA. I bought the Amber and I am hoping when I go back to "re-stock" again that I can snag a case of the IPA. Yeah you right..

No comments:

Post a Comment