Thursday, June 21, 2012

From NO to your door

Not sure what took me so long to figure this out but a couple years ago realized I could mail NO food items home to myself vs trying to transport via suitcase or backpack on flight home. Think disappointment- and embarrassment- of having several bottles of NO hot sauce very publicly confiscated by the TSA folks at Armstrong airport in NO a couple years back got me thinking differently. At this point anytime I'm in NO I make sure to make groceries (as they used to say) at Rouse's market gathering up my favorite Louisiana-centric non- perishables. I pack em in a box and mail it to my home back East Where i can enjoy a little bit of Louisiana eatin from a distance. As you can see in photo below, I tend to favor canned goods and condiments along w Zapp's chips . This last shipment included a whole line of Zapp's items. In addition to some chips also grabbed up their spicy bean dip (excellent) and a couple of items I hadn't tried before: jars of Cajun Picante and a Smoky Salsa which I think will become regular items in future shipments. Also included are the requisite red beans (dried and canned) and NO local favorite Blue Plate mayo. I had in the past tried on more than one occasion mailing home one of my favorite NO treats - Hubig's pies- but discovered they do not fair well when shipped via mail so now I bring those home via my carry on bag - they are Homeland security safe! Yeah you right.

No comments:

Post a Comment