Sunday, May 20, 2012

Trail Ride Philly Style

View from the trail
Beautiful weather + Bike+ iPhone app+ bluetooth speaker= PRICELESS! I listen to station KRVS out of Lafayette, LA every weekend. This Saturday the DJs happened to be talking about an event that was happening in Southeast Louisiana (aka Cajun Country) over the weekend. For folks who don't know, there are trail rides pretty much every weekend in SE Louisiana starting around this time of year and going into the summer. These are sometimes 2 and 3 day affairs with folks gathering at the trail head with their trucks and horse trailers with a plan to ride horses,camp, party and have a good old time as they ride thru the woods for the whole weekend. There is usually live cajun and zydeco music at the campsites along with food and drink each day and night throughout the event. Now, I dont have a horse, but I do have a bike and I also have a trail near my house that goes thru the woods along a creek. That gave me an idea. So today, when I set out for my usual "trail ride" on my bike, I made sure to first tune into WWOZ's live broadcast of Geno Delafose and French Rockin' Boogie as they played onstage at the Mid-City Bayou Boogaloo via my iPhone. As part of my bike set up I have a bluetooth speaker mounted on my handlebars so I can listen to tunes via my iPhone as I ride, so I was able to ride thru the woods on a spectacular spring Sunday here on the East Coast, all the while listening to a live broadcast of cajun and zydeco music live from Louisiana. Now thats what they call passin' a good time down in cajun country . Yeah you right.

No comments:

Post a Comment