Wednesday, May 30, 2012

NJ Crawfish Fest

That's me at 2009 Fest
This weekend there is a BIG New Orleans Louisiana event here on East Coast. Its the 23rd Annual Michael Arnone's Crawfish Fest in Augusta, NJ. I've been twice before and had a good ol time- not Jazzfest but pretty close if you can't get to the real thing. There is a Main outdoor stage, a smaller Pavillion stage and then an indoor stage that features a hardwood dance floor and features Cajun and Zydeco bands and dancers. Food is just OK; boiled crawfish are real good but everything else I've had there is pretty mediocre in my opinion and cannot hold a candle to food at Fest. BUT, the music lineup is looking really good- especially on Saturday, June 2nd. Performers include Curley Taylor, Terrance Simien, Johnny Sketch, Bonerama and 2 of my NO favorites Glen David Andrews and Dr. John...Not too bad for New Jersey. Go HERE for the deets.

No comments:

Post a Comment