Sunday, March 18, 2012

Uptown Super Sunday

Today in New Orleans is Mardi Gras Indian Uptown Super Sunday. This is an annual event and features all of the Uptown Mardi Gras Indian tribes in a festival and parade. I am a big fan of the Mardi Gras Indians- having discovered them initially at Jazzfest where they perform on the Jazz & Heritage Stage periodically throughout the festival. I had never seen them outside of the festival setting until a couple years ago when I had the opportunity to attend Super Sunday. It was fantastic- it was a combination of a parade, festival , second line and featured more Mardi Gras Indians in full costume than I had ever seen. If you ever get the chance you gotta get down to New Orleans for this event. Here are some photos I took of the event back a couple years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment