Tuesday, January 24, 2012

28 Days...

...til Mardi Gras Day 2012 and this year I will -for the first time- be in New Orleans for the big day. I've been to New Orleans about a dozen times in past 5 years, but have never been there for Mardi Gras. Carnival season started Jan 6,2012 but the carnival parade season kicks into high gear when Krewe Du Vieux rolls on Saturday Feb. 4th (picture at left is of Dr. John who was King of Krewe du Vieux parade in 2010)..I have been to this parade the last 3 years- and will be there again this year- but that has been the extent of my carnival in New Orleans experience. This year I am ALL IN! I am actually going to be a dues paying rider and member of a Mardi Gras Krewe- the Krewe of Mid-City to be exact- and will be riding- and throwing- in a parade on Sunday 2.19.12. So stay tuned- over the next 28 days leading up to Fat Tuesday I will be sharing my thoughts and experiences. Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment