Saturday, April 23, 2011

Eastward, ho....

..actually maybe shouldn't use "ho"..means something different in this day and age..anyway, in flight on way back from Los Angeles (Santa Monica,CA to be exact) to Philly...listening to 'Oz again way up in the sky- crazy...had a nice week..my brother's wedding went off nicely-good party..even featured some Cajun dancing ..he and his new wife are big Cajun music fans and are learning to waltz..didn't see or hear much in way of New Orleans or Louisiana otherwise..did hear on radio that Pres Hall Jazz Band is coming to LA area sometime soon and Lil Wayne was at the Staples Center..Most of the NO music I heard was from my mp3 player that I put on handlebars of my brothers bike that I borrowed for the week to ride up and down the Pacific Ocean bike path near his apartment. Pretty cool riding along the surf with the morning sun coming up and hearing a mix of NO music- Dr John, Rebirth, Professor Longhair- as I rode along..Doesn't get much better than that..Had some great Mexican food and took a day trip to the Mojave desert to drive - of all things- military vehicles including jeeps and tanks! crazy..anyway..thats it for now - will  be getting back to NO related posts in nxt couple days...M

Here's a Santa Monica Sunset from my trip-Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment